If you have never ground your own coffee beans, you are in for a treat. Freshly ground beans produce a distinctive and pleasing aroma that you may never have experienced. Using a coffee bean grinder assures the user of an unbelievably tasty cup of coffee.
For those who purchase pre-packaged coffee, the grinder will take your coffee brewing to a higher level and soon become a source of pride. There are three types of coffee bean grinders.
- Blade Coffee Grinder – Coffee Blade Grinders are the most inexpensive grinders. With this system, the blades do the work. The two blades chop the beans up and then deposit them in the retention chamber. The reviews on these grinders is far from excellent. The ground beans are inconsistent and therefore when placed in a drip coffee maker the taste is uneven.
- Wheel Burr Grinder – With this grinder, the wheel grinds the coffee bean against a solid, stationary surface. Compared to the Blade Grinders, these are slightly more expensive. Generally, the Wheel Burr Grinder does not expose the beans to the heat level of the Blade Grinder.
- Conical Burr Coffee Grinder – This grinder is the Cadillac of the coffee grinder industry. For a kitchen appliance that looks good, performs well and has many extra features, this is the grinder of choice for savvy coffee lovers. The burrs spin employ a slower grinding process and are built to keep the beans from heat exposure. The best Conical Burr Coffee Grinder works well with all types of coffees because it has 16 different selection options.
The Conical Burr Grinder costs more than either the Blade Coffee Grinder or the Wheel Burr Coffee Grinder but it has all the mechanical features and the bells and whistles that set this grinder apart.
In the coffee grinder industry, the conical burr grinders set the bar very high for all competitors. The flexible character of these grinders enables the product to suit the most active connoisseurs. With a wide range of grinding capabilities ranging from very fine to very coarse, the conical burr grinder always delivers a smooth, balanced finished product.
Advantages of Conical Burr Grinders
- To ensure maximum flavor, the conical burr grinders are designed to retain the coffee bean’s flavor by assuring that the beans are not warmed during the grinding process.
- Flexibility – Most conical burr grinders offer a range up to 16 settings from very fine to very coarse.
- Heavy duty construction – Conical burr grinders are usually cast with zinc die-cast housing that preserves the life of the grinder far beyond the terms of any competitors and looks great in any kitchen. These solid grinders fit comfortably and attractively on any kitchen counter.
- Conical burr grinders are equipped to handle preset timing. Most can be set up to 24 hours in advance. These grinders are commercial grade that are easy to break down for cleaning purposes.
Things To Consider
- The fresh cut aroma delivered by the conical burr grinder is likely to increase demand for fresh coffee. If the user is not prepared to present freshly ground beans at a moment’s notice, the grinder might be placed in a storage closet rather than in plain view.
- Conical burr grinders are usually priced slightly higher than other grinders. However, when it comes to value, these grinders are durable, flexible and worth every cent of a solid purchase.
- What is clear is that the distinctive quality of construction and the grinding process is far superior to any other grinder on the market. If you desire freshly ground coffee beans, conical burr grinders are the right selection.