Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill offers an enchanting taste and aroma of freshly ground coffee. The grinder has earned reputation for offering an uncompromised flavor at your home with minimal efforts. The Supreme Grind permits the coffee beans to keep its natural oils locked away until you decide to take taste them. Gained reputation for its uniform performance, the supreme grind has marked its way fantastically into the hearts of people.
Features of The Supreme Grind Automatic burr mill
- Design and material
So fisrt of all, take a quick glance at this grinder. It is very well put-together and elegant, the grinder has brushed stainless steel housing and black accents in durable plastic. The container that the ground beans drop into is made of plastic.The edges are straight and neat and it also has a shiny black finish. This grinder also will fit into any kitchen corner.
- Burr and Grinder
The Cuisinart grinder utilises the burr grinding mechanism which is a significant step ahead from the blade mechanism of its competitors. The grinder produces a uniform grind consistency and beats out all of its contemporaries. The burrs are adjustable and can produce 18 distinct grind textures ranging from coarse to fine, which arecontrolled by a clearly marked, pleasantly clicking dial. The grind quality can be adjusted from 4 to 18 cups and is consistent and accurate.
The hopper, hopper lid, grinding burr, and grind chamber all can be removed easily for clean-up. Tapping the container knocks almost all of the coffee to the bottom of the canister and you’ll also want to carefully remove the lid and place it ground side up on the counter, or simply hold it until you pour the ground coffee into your filter and can put the lid back on. Then you can see almost all of the coffee easily dumps out. So there is no need to wash the container regularly if you’re busy, just put the lid back on and slide it back into the burr grinder so it is ready for the next morning.
The average lifespan of the Supreme Cuisinart Grinder is not more than 5 years and comes with a limited warranty of one year. However the commitment of the users to the supreme cuisinart grinder has been doubted. Not that it lacks in performance but many users prefer to switch to a different grinder after using the Supreme cuisinart grinder.
- Other feature
This grinder has automatic operation covers quantity as well, you just simply set the amount slide control anywhere from 4 to 18 cups. The grinder shuts off when the desired level is reached.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Cuisinart Supreme Grind automatic burr mill
Advantages of Cuisinart Supreme Grind automatic burr mill
- Huge capacity: The supreme grinder is equipped with a heavy motor and features a removable 8 oz bean hopper. The removable grind chamber has a capacity of 32 cups.
- Electric Timer: Embedded with an electric timer, the supreme grinder automatically switches off when the grind cycle is complete.
- Grind Selector: The supreme grinder offers an 18 position grind selector which can make a medium grind, French press and a fine grind for espresso.
- Attractive design: The conical design and scaled diameter with a stainless steel body makes the grinder look extremely attractive.
- Convenient cord storage.
- The elegant stainless steel styling increases the durability of the grinder.
- This grinder is very easy to use. Simply fill the bean hopper with your favorite beans and put the lid back on. Then, set the coarseness that you prefer and the number of cups you want, and finally push the start button.
- It is one of the cheapest burr coffee grinder on the market.
Disadvantages of Cuisinart Supreme Grind automatic burr mill
- Like many of electric grinders, this grinder is pretty loud.
- The ground beans have a tendency to cling to the plastic container. To avoid a mess you can tap the container on the counter lightly before you remove the lid.
- The ground mill container is not easy to slide back into its resting place. Holding it at a perfect angle in order to slide it onto the track might be required. This can become a frustrating task.
- It is suitable for a French press or drip machine more than for an espresso machine or coffee pot Turkish .
As a matter of fact, this grinder doesn’t perform like the high end grinders with over $100. But it is sleek, attractive design and packs a lot of value into that price. If you simply want good ground coffee without expecting the world, then this burr grinder is an excellent choice. For the money, I don’t think there is a better product out there for grinding coffee beans to be used in a drip coffee maker at home.
Need more information? See what people on Amazon are saying