For a moderate home use, the Bodum Bistro Coffee grinder can be considered. Especially, if you’re a French press or one-cup drinker, I haven’t seen a better grinder on the market to meet your needs. The coffee grinder cannot be advised for preparing an espresso as it does an good job with the use of a pressurized portafilter.
Main features of Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder
- Design and material
Most conical burr coffee grinders use plastic containers to receive the ground coffee but plastic and ground coffee don’t go together very well. The coffee powder gets statically charged and spills all over the place. To solve this problems,The Bodum Bistro comes with a borosilicate glass container to catch the grounds. The glass container is inherently static-free,making less the amount of overall static and “jumping” coffee grounds. This and the tight silicone/nylon lid make for an excellent, no-spill coffee grinder. The Bodum Bistro comes in 4 colors (black, white, green and red).
- Conical Burr
The conical burr grinder is 35mm in diameter and made from steel. Connical stainless steel burr grinder provices a consistent grind.
- Motor and loudness
The 160 watt motor is turned at 720 RPMs which is quieter compared to many burr coffee grinders.
Conical stainless steel burr grinder produces very uniform grind in 14 different settings, so you have to adjust the grind setting to find the grind you want from coarse to fine. In personal experience, time (7 seconds) required to grind exactly as much coffee as you need for a single cup and Its longest grind time is 20 seconds, which may not be enough if you ‘re entertaining a large party .
- Hopper size
The hopper is a fair size as well, it can hold up to 7.8 oz of coffee beans and you can get a decent-sizeed pot of coffee out of just one twenty-second grind. The hopper also can be removed easily for cleaning. The capacity of the receptacle is closed with a lid on top to further minimize the spills and mess.
Bodum Bistro offers 2 years limited warranty on the product.
Advantages and disadvantages of Bodum Bistro Coffee grinder
Advantages of Bodum Bistro Coffee Grinder
- Less clean – up: The Borosilicate glass leads to less clean-up after grinding, that’s always a plus!
- Great design and small footprint: helps save space on your counter.
- Consistency: Bodum earns itself applauds in terms of consistency as it offers consistent grind size and stylish color options.
- Less noise: The greatest challenge of the coffee grinders is won if the grinder does not create any noise pollution and is friendly to the ears.
- Less static: The Bodum Bistro grinder is less- static because of the glass coffee receptacle.
- Minimal mess: The receptacle which is 11 oz in capacity is closed with the aid of a lid in order to minimize the dust and sediment around the work area. Aslo, The Borosilicate glass leads to less clean-up after grinding, that’s always a plus!
- Frictional clutch: The bistro grinder comes along with a frictional clutch, which prevents the potential damage that can happen to the burrs. Just in case, if anything happens then you might hear a roaring noise which can be dignified as warning.
- Stepped 14 grind settings: The burr grinder is fully adjustable, delivering the proper grind for your personal brewing method.
- Easy to clean: The bodum bistro coffee grinder can be easily cleaned with the help of a wet cloth.
- Direct dispense: The coffee grounds are directly dispensed into the receptacle.
Disadvantages of Bodum Bistro Coffee Grinder
- Large amounts of coffee cannot be grinded: One of the major faults of the Bodum grinder is that a good amount of coffee cannot be grinded in a rapid succession.
- Awkward controls: Settings are confuse to change if you need to change them often
- The dispensing capacity and the hopper size is limited: if you want to make a full pot in a 12- cup drip machine every morning, this probably isn’t the burr grinder for you.
The Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder is designed for any coffee connoisseur who prefer to use high quality glassware for their coffee. Its grinder feature high materials, ergonomic designs and great build quality. Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder is one of our list of best conical burr coffee grinder to buy. It seem offers an exceptional value with an affordable price. If you are looking for a simple, charm, unique and affordable conical burr coffee grinder then Bodum Bistro is very suitable for that.