Baratza Virtuoso is the high-quality burr coffee grinder provided by Baratza and it is suitable for drip coffee, coffee press, fine dip and espresso. Moreover, this virtuoso is very easy to operate and is easy to calibrate.This grinder is recommended for home use.
If you’ re getting serious about grinding for a variety of brewing methods at home, such as drip, pour over, french press and espresso, then the Baratza Encore is the best choice to go with. The several features of Baratza Grinder is a sure thing for making your grinding experience even better. It is simple to use, has good materials, good customer service, easy cleaning and much quieter. It can be considered high-quality choice for your French press.
Main features of the Baratza Virtuoso
It has a metal casing add attraction to its looks and the hopper is made of ABS plastic. This makes a grinder a weight of 8 pounds, which is slightly heavier than some competing products on the market today.
DC motor keeps beans cool, even during extended grind times. While a combination of electric and gear speed reducers slow the burr to 450 RPM, ensuring a smooth coffee bean and reducing noise, heat and static buildup which helps making a consistent grind. The coffee grinder also has anti static parts which makes the coffee grinds slide right out into the bin in perfection.
Baratza’s conical grinder has a 40 mm hardened steel conical burr made in Liechtenstein that are good for around 500 lbs of coffee grinding before needing replacement. They grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec, depending on the setting. They are good for drip, pour over, french press and espresso brewing methods. Burrs are comparable with the profesional commercial burrs.
- Number of step adjustments
With 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The 60-second timer with a pulse button makes sure that you can controll grinding process.
- Motor and loudness
It has a more powerful, highly torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs and is able to grind around 2 grams per second, double the speed of the Encore. This motor also turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. Also metal casing helps reducing noise a bit.
- Speed control
With unique speed control, the Virtuoso uses a combination of electric and gear speed reducers slow the burr to 450 RPM. The electronic speed controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the event that specific user conditions require modification of the speed. Slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder.
Burrs are easily removable, so you can make cleaning very easy. You can remove the bean hopper to have a access to the bottom burr. It is recommended to use a dry brush to extend the product’s lifespan.
Bratza offers a one year guarantee from the date of purchase. This warranty covers all defects in materials and workmanship (parts and labor) including free ground transportation to and from their repair facility within the Us and Canada.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Baratza Virtuoso Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Advantages of Baratza virtuoso Grinder:
- Different brewing methods: Speaking of accuracy, the grinder has 40 distinct settings of the grind, which ranges from espresso to French press.
- Consistent grind :The grinder has a 40mm commercial grade accustomed steel conical burrs which elegantly produces a consistent grind. In this zone, the Bratza wins a perfect score as for perfecting a brewed coffee extraction or an espresso, consistency in grinds is a must.
- Much quieter: The grinder has a high efficiency motor, which is powerful and spins in a slow motion. This results in a cool and a calm operation.
- Quality build with metal casing
- Easy cleaning : Easily removed for making cleaning very easy.
Disadvantages of Baratza virtuoso Grinder:
- We do admit that the 60 second timer is a real accomplishment, but if in case it is left running for complete 60 seconds, it would cause the grind to come out much warmer than usual.
- The mess it makes: As experienced, the excess grinds spread all over the countertops as well as at the exterior of the unit.
- The possibility of the timer knob to fall exists and it can be annoying.
- A little expensive
Bratza is a big name in coffee gear and specially for grinds. The dedication of its makers to the craft can be seen through its pleasing design and is a stylish pick. It is user friendly and with 40 individual settings it is give way to understanding to slow learners. With this virtuoso grinder, it does lives up to its reputation and is recommended for home use.
At price point, there is no other grinder featuring the adjustability and power of this machine. It is capable of a coarse to fine ground and does it much quicker then entry level burr grinders for just a little extra cost.
Overall, if you are looking for excellent quality and performance for a variety of brewing techniques, this is the best burr coffee grinder that will work worthy for the price.
Check Price Of The virtuoso grinder